AdColony’s Under the Microscope series highlights the different kinds of mobile gamers from all over the world. One of the world’s fastest-growing gaming markets is Latin America. In the past few months, we’ve featured survey results from Colombia, Mexico, and Brazil. In this edition, we’ll be looking at Latin America as a whole and the habits and preferences of this vast mobile gaming audience.
The LATAM region is the second-fastest-growing region for gaming after Southeast Asia. Latin America is a $5 billion gaming market where mobile has already cornered a majority share of the market representing 41% of the total. By 2021, mobile will be the predominant force in the gaming market with 51% of the market share. To learn more about the valuable and diverse audience in Latin America, check out highlights from the survey and the infographic!
Highlights from Latin America
- 66% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- 41% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- Top reasons Latin American users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment and relaxation
- 87% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
- 70% of respondents think mobile gaming is a safe environment
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Latin America below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Latin America compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Canada to Colombia, Egypt to Russia, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Latin America? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- New Report — The Life of the Mobile Gamer - September 21, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Newly Launched Conversion Tool, Small Brands Diversify Media Spends, Casino Games Hit the Jackpot - September 19, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Importance of Ads Matching Content, Apple v. Epic Ruling, Esports in APAC - September 13, 2021