To truly understand the mobile gaming audience – millions of people who play games on their smartphone every single day – AdColony partnered with consumer insights platform DISQO to survey 1,200 verified mobile users about their mobile gaming behaviors, preferences and sentiments.
- Who is the American Mobile Gamer?
- The demographics of mobile gamers and how often they are playing
- Game Categories
- Most popular mobile game genres
- Do You Identify as a Gamer?
- Which groups identify themselves as gamers
- The Gaming Experience
- Why consumers play and how they are multi-tasking while playing
- Rewarded Video Versus In-App Purchases
- Which monetization method do mobile gamers prefer
- The Gamer Stereotype — All Wrong
- How mobile gamers are playing beyond their smartphones on their consoles and computers
About the Study
The survey was developed by AdColony and DISQO and distributed online to a nationally representative sample of DISQO Audience members within the United States via the Survey Junkie platform, which is wholly owned by DISQO. The survey was taken on both desktop and mobile devices, garnering a total of 1,208 responses over a fourteen-day period in Q2 of 2020. As each respondent was a member of DISQO’s 100% first-party opt-in research audience, responses were verified against fraud and were compiled against known and validated demographic information, enabling a rich, cohorted analysis by age, gender, education level, household income, and more.