Last week, the Mobile Marketing Association hosted its forum in Dubai, UAE, followed by the MMA Smarties Awards Gala! Over fifteen speakers from Aujan Coca Cola, Anghami, Careem, Choueiri Group, IBM Watson, MBC, Nielsen, Omnicom Media Group, Platform 5, DMS, and Adjust came together for this event, and of course AdColony was there to support our partners and clients in this growing region!
Brands and agencies from the MENA region gathered with successful professionals to network and participate in thoughtful discussions about mobile and mobile marketing in today’s market and in the future!
Here are some of our favorite sessions from the event:
- The Rise of [Insert New Medium]: Is History Destined to Repeat Itself?— Brendan Walsh, Creative Solutions Director from DMS, spoke about providing relevance, in terms of context and action, in order to enhance user’s mobile journey and drive brand objectives.
- Matching KPIs to Creative— Christos Solomi, Executive Director of MENA at Omnicom, spoke about enhancing the customer experience while achieving business objectives.
- The Game is Just Beginning — Samantha Billingham, Regional Sales Director at AdColony, moderated a discussion with professionals from MBC, LamsaWorld, and Falafel Games about the future of mobile gaming.
Smarties Awards Gala
The MMA Smarties Awards Gala followed the Forum, showcasing the best of mobile marketing campaigns in MENA. AdColony is thrilled to bring home three awards from the event:
- Knorr #ChefsOfIftar: Unilever and AdColony — Brand Awareness (Gold)
Advertiser: Knorr, Unilever
Media Agency: PHD Media
Samantha Billingham (AdColony), Merve Yavuzcan (Unilever), Sandra Essa (PHD Media)
- Lipton #BeTheColour: Lipton/ Unilever and AdColony — Brand Awareness (Silver), Marketing Within a Mobile Gaming Environment (Silver)
Advertiser: Lipton, Unilever
Media Agency: PHD Media
Samantha Billingham (AdColony), Melike Kirtepe (AdColony), Burak Vardal (AdColony), Joumana Haddad (Unilever), Nisha Warrier (Unilever), Georger AlJamous (PHD Media), Filiz Yildiz (AdColony)
Samantha Billingham said that she is “really excited about the innovation that AdColony will bring to mobile in 2018. Next year will be the year of driving attention metrics for brands. Mobile video will never be the same.”
Campaign Results (certified by Milward Brown):
Both campaigns were a huge success, and we couldn’t have done it without all the hard work and dedication from everyone involved. Here are the results for each campaign:
- Knorr #ChefsofIftar:
Mobile ad awareness vs. control group: +15.9%
Message Association vs. control group: +28.7%
Purchase Intent vs. control group: +16.4%
- Lipton #BeTheColour:
741,466 completed views
56,216 total engagements
Time spent with slider: 13.2 seconds
MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade association consisting of 800 member companies from nearly fifty countries across the globe. From brand marketers and agencies to enabling technologies and media companies, MMA members come from every corner of the mobile media ecosystem. Its mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement.
Join the Conversation.
Did you attend the MMA Forum in Dubai? Tell us about your experience by tweeting @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Sarin (see all)
- Highlights from the AppsFlyer Performance Index & App Advertising Leaderboard - March 22, 2019
- Mobile Monday: The Rise of App Support & Google Gameplay - March 18, 2019
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Germany - February 13, 2019