Our Under the Microscope series continues, this time searching for the trends and preferences with mobile gamers in the UK. Whether it’s demographic data or behavioral data, this study dives into everything you need to know about gamers in this region.
We partnered with On Device research to conduct the survey, which yielded some interesting results on everything from typical session times to engagement with in-app rewards. Go ahead and take a look for yourself!
Highlights from the UK
- UK mobile gamers tend to be between 25 and 34 years old
- 66% of gamers in the UK play every day
- Those who play every day, typically play games 5 times or more per day
- 87% selected “home” as the primary location they play games
- Gamers in the UK prefer to play between 8pm and 11pm
- 84% of respondents prefer watching video ads for extra lives and/or in-game content
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in the UK below!
Click the image for a full-size version!
As mentioned above, the results show that 84% of respondents prefer watching video ads for extra lives and/or in-game content, over spending money. Not only are users more willing to engage with ads, but they prefer it over other options and voluntarily opt in. Currently, digital video ad spend is just over 12% of all media ad spend. By 2022, that number will increase to almost 19.5%! In terms of display ad spend, digital video will account for over half of it in the UK by 2020.
Contact us to learn more about our study!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the UK? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Sarin (see all)
- Highlights from the AppsFlyer Performance Index & App Advertising Leaderboard - March 22, 2019
- Mobile Monday: The Rise of App Support & Google Gameplay - March 18, 2019
- Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Germany - February 13, 2019