If you’ve been attached to your smartphone for years, you might be surprised to find out that the majority of the population in the developing world still does not own smartphones. While smartphone adoption rises, app download numbers are growing in massive numbers. As a result, app install ad spends are expected to grow by the billions every year. A new report by AppsFlyer gives a detailed forecast for worldwide ad spends until 2022. Meanwhile, Adjust has launched a new product for developers to manage their mobile ads more effectively.
Adjust Launches Control Center for Ad Management
Our mobile measurement partner, Adjust has announced their new product named Control Center that is designed to simplify the complicated process of ad management. App developers will be able to automate mobile ads and reduce repetitive workflows. Additionally, marketers will be able to view data across their apps and markets to make better strategic decisions. The product is being released with Adjust Automate, a suite that includes Measure and Protect, programs for attribution and fraud prevention, respectively.
In Adjust’s announcement, they also shared their research that illustrates the complex nature of managing mobile ad campaigns.
- 81% of marketers surveyed said their company was planning to increase its marketing or advertising automation budget in 2020.
- Marketers handle an average of 19 advertising campaigns across approximately 14 different networks, highlighting the scale and complexity behind current marketing campaigns.
- When asked about the three biggest pain points in their roles, marketers listed merging and acting on disparate sources of data, individually updating bids and budgets, and accurate campaign management.
With these key findings, Adjust created Control Center to provide mobile publishers with technology that will reduce repetitive tasks of mobile advertising and allow them to focus more on the creative process.
App Install Ad Spend to Rise to $118B By 2022
Mobile attribution company AppsFlyer estimates that global app install ad spend will grow from $57.8 billion in 2019 to $118 billion by 2022. The new report said that app installs are being driven by the high demand in China, India, Indonesia, and several African countries. “The share of budgets directed to acquiring new app users will increase faster than the actual increase in mobile search or brand budgets, demonstrating the growing role performance app marketing plays in mobile marketing,” said Shani Rosenfelder, Head of Content and Mobile Insights, AppsFlyer.
The Asia-Pacific region accounts for half of global budgets which is the largest share of app install ad spend. AppsFlyer expects that this region will continue to grow 27% until 2022. Latin America will also see big spending with Brazil at the forefront at a 30% year-on-year growth. North America has the second-highest app install worldwide and is predicted to grow 25% year-over-year to reach $27 billion in app install spend in 2022.
About AdColony Mobile Mondays
Mobile Monday examines the latest news, trends, and developments in mobile apps, tech, and advertising. Do you have a story to share for the next Mobile Monday?
Join the Conversation
Are you interested in Adjust’s Control Center? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- How App Install Marketers Measure Campaign Performance - June 30, 2020
- Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 - June 29, 2020
- Mobile Monday: Major Brands Boycott Facebook Advertising, Apple Announces Privacy Changes - June 28, 2020