Last week, AdColony team members from around the world attended one of our favorite events of the year: GDC. With over 27,000 attendees this year, GDC 2017 was a bustling event where the latest innovations in game development, design, promotion, and monetization were shared.
For those who were unable to make the annual trek to one of the biggest industry events of the year, highlights included:
- Game Developers Choice Awards. Pokémon GO was awarded mobile game of the year & Unreal engine creator and Epic Games founder Tim Sweeney was given the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Independent Games Festival Awards. Quadrilateral Cowboy, the retro-tech 80s computer coding puzzle game from developer Blendo Games took home the grand prize at the 19th annual IGF Awards on the Thursday of GDC.
- More VR than you can shake a stick at
Elevated Ads & Caffeine
Beyond discussions of how the next generation of mobile advertising will elevate the user experience, the AdColony booth was also home to elevated caffeine levels thanks to our barista.
Just in case caffeine wasn’t enough to get through the show day, we hosted an ice cream social at the booth on Thursday afternoon. The cool treat had quite the warm reception, and ice cream ran out quickly!
Mixer at Novela
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to our Thursday night mixer in partnership with TUNE and AdAction. Dubbed “Libations in the Library”, the event was held at Novela, a local favorite venue with a library inspired decor.
Beyond the traditional charcuterie spread and open bar, perhaps the most popular aspect of the event was the photo booth. Attendees who are looking for their photos can check out this photo album.
GDC is an annual event held in San Francisco where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry. GDC is produced by the UBM Tech Game Network.
Join the Conversation
If you attended GDC this year, what was your favorite part of the show? Share your thoughts with @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Mobile Monday: Digital Video & Catching up to Consumers - July 24, 2017
- Mobile Monday: Bloomberg’s Boost & RuneScape’s Revival - July 17, 2017
- Mobile Monday: CNN’s Great Big Story & 50 States of Sneakers - July 10, 2017