How do marketers for the world’s top apps acquire high quality users at scale, what matters to them, and what’s changed thus far in 2017? The results are in with AdColony’s Spring 2017 App Install Marketing Survey.
The 7th study of its kind since 2013, the AdColony Spring 2017 App Install Marketing Survey provides insights, benchmarks, and trends from the world’s top-grossing app developers. While the full survey contained over 100 detailed questions, the top trends and insights are now available in one concise report:
Highlights From the Study
While we’ll be taking deeper dives into the data over the coming weeks and sharing those insights with you here on the AdColony blog, here are the top takeaways to note right now:
- App install marketers are hustling. On average, their teams are larger than ever, are localizing ad creatives for 7+ languages at a time, and are optimizing their campaigns 4 times per week.
- Budgets are going to video. Continuing to flood the top positions for campaign effectiveness, video ads now account for 50% of all app install marketer spend.
- Playables have potential. Considered the 5th most effective app install format, playables are being used by 64% of top app install marketers, and the budgets assigned to them are on the rise.
About the Study
The AdColony Spring 2017 App Install Marketing Survey is the 7th of its kind since 2013. The survey provides insights, benchmarks, and trends from the world’s top-grossing app developers, asking over 100 detailed questions and enjoying a 70% survey response rate.
Respondents primarily represented mobile game developers (75%), with a minority making non-gaming apps (25%). A small number (4.0%) represented mobile publishers who make both gaming & non-gaming apps. The survey was distributed globally, with a majority (59%) of respondents in North America, followed by 27% in EMEA, 12% in APAC, and 2% in LATAM.
Join the Conversation
How do you captivate and acquire high quality, loyal users at scale? Tweet your thoughts to @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Rewarding to Engage: New Mobile User Survey Results Now Available - March 28, 2018
- Mobile Monday: Mixed Reality Promotion, Seriously Connected Fans, & FCC Acceleration - March 26, 2018
- Mobile Monday: GDC 2018 - March 19, 2018