As the global outlook on the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has developed, it has become clear that things are unlikely to return to normal quickly. With new cases being reported daily, it is an important time for brands to determine their role and tone of voice. Should they be quiet? Or should they help control the situation by demonstrating understanding and value during these times of social distancing?
People isolating themselves at home are hungry for entertainment and information. Determining the appropriate cadence and striking the right balance between commercial and branding messaging will be key. Follow the lead of the consumer and adjust your content strategy accordingly.
We’re all working through how best to respond, but what we know for sure is that it’s more important than ever to stay connected to customers through the advertisements we serve. To help, we’ve put together a guide to share ideas and suggestions on ways brands can maintain customer connections now, and grow those connections for the future.
In-App Advertising Guide During COVID-19 brings together the main concepts of in-app advertising, each with specific actions advertisers can take to connect with their customers in smart ways during this time. The report features five important sections for advertisers to keep in mind while building a communication strategy for the pandemic period and leveraging mobile advertising to engage their target audience.
- Creating value through messaging and content – In this sensitive period, where brands and advertisers stand, how they send messages to consumers, and the content they produce has become more important.
- Reaching the right audience – Three-quarters of consumers use information or recommendations found online to even help them decide which medications to buy. Mobile advertising plays a key role in building a balanced communication with the target audiences.
- Finding the right medium – Since our first release, mobile gaming usage has continued to increase week-over-week as a leading entertainment form of choice while the global workforce finds themselves at home playing mobile games.
- Strengthening your brand by choosing the right ad format – Rewarded video ads allow for an uninterrupted experience for users. Users prefer the chance to opt-in so they can feel like they’re gaining something in exchange for spending some time watching an ad.
- Inviting users to spend time with your brand – To drive the very best user engagement, advertisers need to encourage and invite users to spend time with their brand. Always try to focus on full-screen video – it’s hard to engage when the ad is half on-screen or so small you cannot see the content.
About the Report
In-App Advertising Guide During COVID-19 brings together the main concepts of in-app advertising, each with specific actions advertisers can take to connect with their customers in smart ways during this time. The report features five important sections for advertisers to keep in mind while building a communication strategy for the pandemic period and leverage mobile advertising to engage their target audience.
Join the Conversation
Have any tips for brands looking to improve their advertising strategy? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.