Mobile gaming has quickly risen in popularity for fun and entertainment with users all over the world. With that, the amount of gamers and revenue from mobile games will only continue to rise. But as more consumers look to gaming and brands look to reach this large, diversified audience, brands and advertisers must understand the unique characteristics of mobile gamers in different regions of the world in order to create customized campaigns that will have the most impact with their target audience. AdColony surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) region!
The mobile gaming industry has been steadily growing over the past years and is expected to keep growing. In 2019, revenue from mobile games in Central and Western Europe was over 5 million U.S. dollars, according to Statista.com. In 2025, it is expected that revenue will be over 12 million dollars, more than doubling its revenue from years earlier. In addition, there will be close to 100 million mobile game users in this region by 2025. Also in the EMEA region, the number of mobile game users in Africa will reach around 300 million by 2025, as noted in Statista.com. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from EMEA
- 58% of adults in EMEA are playing mobile games.
- EMEA mobile gamers spent more than 3 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Racing.
- Top personal interests are films/cinema, music, and food & drink.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (71%), messaging friends (63%), reading my emails (56%), and playing games (49%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in EMEA below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in EMEA compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Latin America to Colombia, Egypt to Russia and beyond, we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from EMEA? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- Mobile Monday: Bigger Ad Budgets, Gaming Apps Account for 13% of App Time, and Consolidation — Who’s Next? - January 24, 2022
- Partner Spotlight: Ads By Nimbus - January 20, 2022
- Mobile Monday: Retail App Report, Super Apps, and ATT’s Effect on Opt-in Rates - January 10, 2022