More and more brands are deciding to invest their ad dollars in mobile, but specifically mobile games. Why? Because mobile games have a large and diverse audience that come from all over the world. Virtually every country has a growing mobile gaming audience and each one has its own set of habits and preferences.
Mobile gaming has been on a steady rise in Germany and its number of players is increasing every year. According to a report from the German Games Industry Association, 18.6 million people in Germany are playing games on their smartphones. With such a massive audience, mobile devices are the most popular games platform in the country. In this week’s Under the Microscope, we learn all about mobile gamers from Germany.
Highlights from Germany
- 48% of German adults are playing mobile games
- German mobile gamers spent more than 2 hours on their mobile devices in a day
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Simulation
- Top personal interests are music, food and drink, and films.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Reading emails (62%), chatting with friends (60%), using social media (57%), and playing games (51%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Germany below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Germany compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From France to Azerbaijan, Latin America to Canada, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Germany? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Crash Bandicoot: On the Run Reaches 33 million Downloads, App Tracking Opt-in Higher Than Anticipated - April 18, 2021
- Mobile and Technology Trends in North America - April 12, 2021
- Mobile Monday: $7 of Every $10 in Ad Revenue are Mobile, Marvel is the Largest IP-Based Mobile Game Brand in the U.S. - April 11, 2021