While there may be a huge variety of gaming apps and even similar games within genres in the market, mobile gaming consumers aren’t one and the same. From game genres to how long they spend on their devices, mobile gamers are as diverse as it gets. We’ve looked at mobile gamers across the globe and this week, we’re learning about gamers from the Netherlands!
Mobile gaming revenue in the Netherlands had seen slow growth in the past few years but 2020 saw a major jump. By the end of this year, revenue is expected increase by 10.5%. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from the Netherlands
- 48% of Dutch adults are playing mobile games
- Dutch mobile gamers spent more than 2 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Puzzle, Action/Adventure, and Simulation.
- Top personal interests are music, films, and food and drink.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (60%), reading emails (58%), chatting with friends (56%), and playing games (53%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in the Netherlands below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in the Netherlands compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Turkey to Germany, France to Azerbaijan, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the Netherlands? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Consumers Spent $143 billion on Mobile, Gaming to Surpass $120 billion in 2021 - January 17, 2021
- Success Story: UFC & User Engagement - January 14, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Games Earnings Up 10% in 2020, European Mobile Gamers Spend $36.6 Million on Christmas Day - January 10, 2021