2020 was a record year for growth in the mobile app industry, and that growth is still expected to increase in 2021 and beyond. Brands and advertisers have to take control of this amazing opportunity to reach global consumers through mobile games, as users continue to look to this activity for fun and relaxation. In order to better understand and reach specific consumer groups, advertisers must understand the unique behaviors and interests of mobile gamers in different regions. AdColony surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in Sweden!
Consumers everywhere are playing more mobile games, and hypercasual games have continued to see strong growth. According to Statista.com, as of January 2021, Among Us was the most downloaded mobile game on iOS in Sweden with almost 100,000 downloads. The game to follow Among Us was Stacky Dash with approximately 94,000 downloads. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from Sweden
- 53% of Swedish adults are playing mobile games.
- Swedish mobile gamers spent more than 2.5 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Simulation.
- Top personal interests are music, films/cinema, and food & drink.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (65%), messaging friends (58%), reading my emails (57%), and playing games (50%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Sweden below. Click the image for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in Sweden compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Spain to Brazil, Saudi Arabia to Denmark and beyond, we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our Global Mobile Gaming Research 2020 Report to see the worldwide results!
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from Sweden? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on LinkedIn.
- AdColonized: Getting to Know Senthia Mayrosa - September 15, 2021
- Under The Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Egypt - September 8, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Getting Creative with Mobile Advertising, Acceptable Ads in Mobile Games, and Updated App Reviews on Android - September 5, 2021