Mobile gaming continues to be a global trend and one of the fastest-growing segments is the Middle East. This type of gaming is gaining popularity in this region because of increasing smartphone penetration and the localization of content for Arabic gamers. While players in the region could have similarities in habits and preferences, it’s valuable to delve into specific countries’ mobile gaming audiences. This week we’ll look at mobile gamers from the United Arab Emirates!
By the end of 2020, mobile games revenue from the UAE is expected to amount to $76 million. Additionally, user penetration will reach 18.2% by 2024. We partnered with On Device Research to learn all about the mobile gaming audience in the UAE.
Highlights from the UAE:
- 59% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the late evening (8 pm – 11 pm)
- 27% of both males and females are spending one hour per day playing mobile games
- 71% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons users from the UAE play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and exercising the mind.
- 75% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money.
Click the infographic for a full-size version!
Other Under the Microscope Infographics
Wondering how mobile gamers in the United Arab Emirates compare to those elsewhere? We’ve got you covered with reports from all over the world and more coming! From Sweden to Spain, Brazil, to Saudi Arabia, and beyond we’ve got you covered. You can check out all of the Under the Microscope infographics here or you can check our global survey to see the worldwide results!
About On Device
On Device Research is a global mobile sample and research provider. The mobile market research company, sample, and technology provider focuses on emerging markets and helps brands connect with consumers via mobile studies.
Join the Conversation
What do you have in common with mobile gamers from the UAE? Tweet us at @AdColony. For the latest AdColony mobile news and updates, follow @AdColony on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or connect on Linkedin.
- Mobile Monday: Mobile Game Spending Grows 10% in June, Rewarded Video Ads Generate Highest eCPMs for Apps - July 18, 2021
- Mobile Monday: Spending in Mobile Games Reached $44.7B in H1 2021, Vaccine Passport Apps Hit 10 Million Installs - July 11, 2021
- App Install Marketers Adapt to New Challenges — Survey Results - July 8, 2021